This training is jointly organized by BITM & Genuity Systems Ltd.
Training will be held in Genuity Systems Ltd.
This Java EE 6: Develop Web Components with Servlets and JSPs training is designed for experienced developers of Java technology applications.
- Construct and deploy small-to-medium scale web applications found in intranet and low-volume commercial sites by using JavaServer Page (JSP page) technology and servlets.
- Apply Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture to projects in EE environments.
- Create servlet filters and listeners.
- Understand and manage HTTP sessions in a web application.
- Create easy-to-maintain JSP pages using Expression Language and the JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL).
- Analyze, design, develop and deploy web applications with Java EE 6 SDK and the application server Oracle WebLogic Server 12c.
Benefits to You
Throughout this course, you’ll gain knowledge experimenting with real code examples in each topic. It's an excellent way to prepare for the Java Enterprise Edition 6 Web Component Developer certification expert examination.
Training will be held in Geniuty Systems Ltd.
Course Outline :
Introduction to Java Servlets
- Describe web applications, CGI, and the role of Java
- Describe benefits of Java servlet technology
- Create a simple Java Servlet
- Define three-tier architecture
- Define Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture
Introduction to Java Server Pages
- Describe why Servlets are not the whole solution
- Describe essentials of JSPs
- Understand the fundamentals and reasons for MVC architecture
Implementing an MVC Design
- Code a controller using a servlet
- Code a view using a JSP
- Forward control from a servlet to a JSP
- Understand fundamentals of EL
- Implement a simple MVC system
The servlet's environment
- Understand more details of the HTTP protocol
- Understand fundamentals of HTML forms
- Understand fundamentals of the HttpServlet and related APIs
- Write code that manages client sessions and cookies
Container facilities for servlets and JSPs
- Understand the purpose and structure of deployment descriptors
- Control context root and servlet mapping
- Create and use context and init parameters
- Use annotations to configure servlets
More view facilities
- Understand the four data scopes
- Understand and use EL dot and array access operators with Java Beans, arrays, and collections
- Understand and use EL implicit objects
- Create and use arithmetic expressions in EL
- Identify the need for iteration and selection in the view, and use JSTL tags to address those needs
Developing JSP pages
- Understand the origins, benefits, and weaknesses of JSPs
- Describe JSP technology, the conversion of JSPs to servlets, and the lifecycle of JSPs
- Understand JSP scripting elements, declarations and directives
- Use JSP implicit variables
- Understand and use jsp: tags
Developing JSP pages using custom tags
- Relate the JSTL to common job roles in web application development and understand the use of tags in JSP development
- Recognize correct syntax for tags
- Configure a JSP to use tags from the JSTL
- Write JSP code using several standard tags
- List capabilities of JSTL tags/span>
More Controller facilities
- Understand the servlet lifecycle
- Describe and use more advanced elements of the servlet APIs
- Create filters and use them in web applications
More options for the Model
- Understand the roles of JDBC and JPA
- Understand the many elements that make up the model
- Understand fundamentals of connecting to a database using JDBC or JPA
Asynchronous web applications
- Understand the interactions that are essential to asynchronous web pages
- Understand the role of AJAX-style client side programming
- Implement asynchronous servlets using the facilities of Java EE 6
Web application security
- Understand the role of the container in security
- Describe and implement four authentication models
- Force the use of encryption between a web application and the client browser
- Understand the role of JAAS in pluggable/extensible authentication for web applications.
||Java EE 6 Web Component Developer Certified Expert